WorkReady has provided summer jobs, career counseling and mentoring to over 1,000 teens since 1982. In providing career preparation, academic enrichment and work-readiness training, WorkReady reaches out to teens in TANF and TANF-eligible households.
The program’s goal is to reduce the number of high school dropouts by preparing youth for the workforce and promoting higher education. Participants work a minimum of 20 hours a week. North Light layers supportive services to maximize participants’ success on the job.
A long-term impact study of WorkReady alumni from 2003-2017 (More than 300 participating students were surveyed), the following positive long-term outcomes were reported:
- 99% graduated high school
- 95% of the high school graduates attended college or graduated college
- 91% are currently or have recently worked part- or full-time employer paid jobs
- 91% said SCEP WorkReady influenced or aided them in going to college
- 66% said SCEP WorkReady helped them improve their academic performance (29% stated their academic performance was already good)
- 36% stated their school attendance improved (53% said their attendance was already good)
Congratulations to this year’s Star Award winners at the Networking & Awards Ceremony.
Take a look at the teens’ Contextual Learning Project video.
To find out more about WorkReady email firstname.lastname@example.org