Last year over 700 volunteers gave nearly 12,000 hours of service to North Light! There are many varied opportunities to volunteer at North Light. Volunteers are vital to our ability to do more with less.
- Work with elementary aged children
- Homework assistance
- Child oriented activities, sports, field trips and creative activities offered after school
- Drivers needed on Monday and Friday mornings at 9:30am to pick up food with our 10 passenger vans
- Set-up and clean-up
- Data entry in Excel
- Flower beds and planters at North Light
- Philadelphia Orchard Project in Gorgas Park
- Teens 4 Good urban farm at the Schuylkill Center
Office & General
Download the intake form to get started. Once the documents are completed, you will need to attend a 30 minute orientation training. There will be two orientation trainings offered the last Tuesday of the month, one at 11:00am and the other at 6:00pm. Please rsvp to John Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org which training you will attend. Once the training is completed you will be ready to volunteer.
For more information call 215-483-4800 or email info@