SCEP has provided summer jobs, career counseling and mentoring to over 1,000 teens since 1982. In providing career preparation, academic enrichment and work-readiness training, SCEP reaches out to teens in TANF and TANF-eligible households.
SCEP’s goal is to reduce the number of high school dropouts by preparing youth for the workforce and promoting higher education. Participants work a minimum of 20 hours a week. North Light layers supportive services to maximize participants’ success on the job.
A long-term impact study of SCEP WorkReady alumni from 2003-2013 (136 out of 283 participating students were surveyed0, the following positive long-term outcomes were reported:
- 99% graduated high school
- 95% of the high school graduates attended college or graduated college
- 91% are currently or have recently worked part- or full-time employer paid jobs
- 91% said SCEP WorkReady influenced or aided them in going to college
- 66% said SCEP WorkReady helped them improve their academic performance (29% stated their academic performance was already good)
- 36% stated their school attendance improved (53% said their attendance was already good)
To find out more about SCEP call Billy Eisenberg at 215-483-4800 x. 107 or email him, firstname.lastname@example.org